A Summary of the Srimad Bhagavatham : Ch-6. Part-23.






6: Sri Krishna’s Vrindavana and Dvarka Lilas :


Part-23.


After giving Sudama a cosy bed to sleep in, Sri Krishna bid him farewell, giving nothing to him, not even a little gift as a memento, a token.

Nothing was given.

Barehanded, helpless, the poor man had to walk back.

Mentally he was cursing himself.

“Why did I come here? He never asked me anything. I am not able to understand. Now what shall I tell my wife when I return? I am ashamed that I have come at all. He could have at least asked me what I want. Even that he did not ask.”

But then he reconciled himself.

“I understand very well why he did not talk to me on this matter. It is because he knows what the true welfare is for a person. Wealth is very bad. It binds a person, and he will get attached to it, and will never attain salvation. He knows that it is good for me not to have anything. Oh! He has blessed me. I should not complain. Very good. I am very glad that he is so wise that he has understood what my welfare is. Money is not my welfare. Wealth is a cause of attachment. He has done a very wise thing. He has made me free from all attachment. Blessed be Sri Krishna! I am going as I came.”

Swami Krishnananda

To be continued  ....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech by Swami Vivekananda - Delivered at the Shakespeare Club, Pasadena, California, February 1, 1900) :

All About Bharatiya Sanatana Dharmam otherwise known as Hinduism : 2.1.5

"Ratha kalpana"