HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS : 20-1.


20. Sankara Jayanthi-1.


    Guru charanam, bhaja charanam,

    Satguru charanam, bhava haranam.

    Maanasa bhajare, guru charanam,

    Dustara bhava saagara taranam.

    Guru maharaaj guru jaya jaya,

    Para brahma satguru jaya jaya



    RELIGION IS realization; it is not mere learning—this is the divine message which stands deeply in the minds of every Hindu.

This is not a mere fancy.

This is not a mental conception.

This is not a stretch of imagination.

It is not a coinage of the brain.

Nor is it a decision arrived at by vehement vituperation and incongruent argumentation promulgated by an ordinary intellectual prodigy.


This is the assertion of Shankara, India’s greatest philosopher-saint, the incarnation of Lord Shiva, reverently known as Srimath Adi Shankaracharya.


 What can we take him for except the Lord Himself, who proclaims authoritatively and undauntedly :-


“I am the Self of all; I am the all; I am transcendent; I am one without a second; I am the Absolute; I am the infinite Consciousness; I am homogeneous bliss”.

Swami Sivananda
 To be continued  .....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech by Swami Vivekananda - Delivered at the Shakespeare Club, Pasadena, California, February 1, 1900) :

All About Bharatiya Sanatana Dharmam otherwise known as Hinduism : 2.1.5

"Ratha kalpana"