HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS : -26-3-4.



26. Sivaratri-3.4.

3. Lord Shiva’s Assurance-4.

    Offer this inner worship to Lord Shiva daily: “I worship the jewel of my Self, the Shiva residing in the Lotus of my heart.

I bathe Him with the water of my pure mind brought from the river of faith and devotion.

I worship Him with the fragrant flowers of Samadhi—all this so that I may not be born again in this world.”

    Here is another formula for the supreme worship of the Lord : -

“O Shiva! you are my Self.

 My mind is Parvati.

My Pranas are your servants.

My body is your house.

My actions in this world are your worship.

My sleep is Samadhi.

My walk is circumambulation of you.

My speech is your prayer.

Thus do I offer all that I am to you."

NEXT : 27- Vaikunta Ekadashi

Swami Sivananda
 To be continued  .....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech by Swami Vivekananda - Delivered at the Shakespeare Club, Pasadena, California, February 1, 1900) :

All About Bharatiya Sanatana Dharmam otherwise known as Hinduism : 2.1.5

"Ratha kalpana"