HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS : 27.2.1.3.



27- Vaikunta Ekadashi-2.1.3

1. Benefits of Fasting-3.


    Withdraw the senses and fix the mind on God.

Pray to God to guide you and to throw a flood of light on your spiritual path.

Say with feeling : -

“O God, guide me! Protect me, protect me! I am Thine, I am Thine! Forsake me not!”

You will be blessed with purity, light and strength.

Follow this Sadhana on the days that you fast, Ekadashi days in particular.


    Fasting is one of the ten canons of Yoga.

However, avoid excessive fasting.

It will produce weakness.

Use your common sense.

If you cannot fast for the full twenty-four hours, at least fast for 10-12 hours and then take some milk and fruit.

Gradually increase your fast to 15 hours and then up to 24 hours.

Fasting makes a man strong, both spiritually and mentally.

Swami Sivananda
 To be continued  .....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech by Swami Vivekananda - Delivered at the Shakespeare Club, Pasadena, California, February 1, 1900) :

All About Bharatiya Sanatana Dharmam otherwise known as Hinduism : 2.1.5

"Ratha kalpana"